Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: LS JRSC@6psi back from track!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Drives an LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2000
    Posts
    254
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WHOOPEEEEEE! Best 60' ever! Best MPH ever! Best ETA ever! (for me at least) smile

    60': 2.220
    1/4: 15.08
    MPH: 90.73

    I know I could've gone faster, I hopped all throughout first gear! My stock clutch (74k) is also about to be replaced with a Type R clutch.

    Last time I went to the drag strip, I had a best of 87 MPH, 15.47 and 2.38. The only things changed between last time and this were suspension (KYB AGX, Eibach prokit) and a Mugen 160degree thermostat, Mugen 1.3 radiator cap and I wired a switch to turn the fan on at will.

    It was bracket racing, and I took home a trophy! There were only 10 people left out of about 100+ when I broke out with my 15.08. I dialed in at 15.20. My reaction times kicked ass like usual, averaging around .600 where .500 is perfect.

    A side note on the Mugen thermostat, my car is running MUCH cooler than before, at least according to the stock temp guage. When traveling on the highway, it is always a little bit below where it would sit before.

    Anyhow, 14s are very possible with a LS M42 JRSC@6PSI I/H/E. Heck, I think its even possible for mid 14s!

    Ok, perhaps I'm too excited about this. smile

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congrats... good times.
    It is nice to hear that you did well in the bracket race.
    Hope you finish even better next time.


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  3. #3
    Inactive Member blownintegra's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2000
    Posts
    297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    good job, I'd like to see what I'll get when mine is together.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Finally some JRSC times from the LS camp. Congrates on your times. I just got back from the track last night in Seattle with a best of 15.7@87 with a 60 ft. of 2.34. The 60 ft is coming down so that is good. I just keep launching higher and higher. That best run was me launching at 4-4300 on the stock Michelins on 99 GSR's. Damn those tires suck. Hopefully the supercharger will knock another 1-1.5 sec off. Jackson's site says 1.5-2 sec off but 13's with an LS JRSC I think is a pipe dream with just bolt ons.

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    AEM CAI
    DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
    Random Technology Cat
    GReddy PE exhaust
    Skunkworks Coilovers
    ACT 6 Puck
    Turbo Convert
    Supercharger on the way?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member code10-54's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    drivesls: whaz UP!--damn foo them is goodie times for yo hoopdee LS!--and ya snagged a trophy too--yeahhh. hey mann, where ya gets that mugen thermostat and radiator cap? how much that bullshitz be cost'n?? kool runnings, bro...

    btw: fast4--yeah, yeah, them is f--k'n pipe dreams jackson be talk'n bout wid a LS P.O.S. hit'n 13s on bolt-ons--oh pleassse...

    peace.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Drives an LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2000
    Posts
    254
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Code: The mugen thermostat was $70, and the radiator cap was $30. They both can be bought from King motorsports. http://www.kingmotorsports.com/

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 96integrals's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2000
    Posts
    123
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll be getting a JRSC soon for my LS. Maybe in 2 months.

    Anyways, my friend ran a pretty good time with his JRSC'ed LS. He got a 14.39. Pretty good? He says he can do better? Who knows...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    96Integrals,

    What does your friend have done to the car to get a time that low?

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    AEM CAI
    DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
    Random Technology Cat
    GReddy PE exhaust
    Skunkworks Coilovers
    ACT 6 Puck
    Turbo Convert
    Supercharger on the way?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 96integrals's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2000
    Posts
    123
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All I know is that he has the JRSC with a Tanabe Racing Medallion, CAI, Headers and partially stripped inside.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 96integrals's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2000
    Posts
    123
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh yeah, and do you know Norris from NU Image?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •